An excursion or city tour of Almaty
is a great way to get to know the city, its culture and architecture. Almaty is a contrasting city. Historically, on the site of modern Almaty there was a settlement of Turkic and Mongolian tribes, which was called Almatu. Then in 1854 was laid a military fortress, called the fortification of Vernoe. On the site of the old city center you can still see the remains of the walls of the fortification, as well as the buildings of those times - the center of culture of the Cossacks. In 1921, Verny was renamed to Alma-Ata or as it was later called simply Almaty. Until 1997, Almaty was the capital of Kazakhstan, and still bears the title of the Southern Capital.
Almaty is located in the cradle of the Zailiyskiy Alatau mountains, so our city is characterized by ascents and descents, canals and arychnaya system. Quarterly layout allows you to clearly navigate in it.
Almaty consists of neighborhoods of private sectors, passing into apartment high-rises. The combination of classical and modern architecture makes the city interesting to explore.The main attractions of Almaty.
Depending on the time of year and the time of your vacation, a city sightseeing tour can fit into one day or take several.The main city locations on the tour are:
- Park 28 heroes Panfilovtsev. It is located in the square of Pushkin, Kazybek bi, Kunaeva and Kaldayakov streets. Inside the park there is the Ascension Cathedral, Eternal Flame and Victory Monument, Officers' House.
- Republic Square is located on Satpayev Street. It is characterized by the stele of Independence, and installations of statues. Opposite the monument is the building of the city akimat, now under reconstruction after the January events.
- Pedestrian areas along Zhibek Zholy (Arbat) and Panfilov Streets. Have been recently restored. This is a favorite place for musicians, as the Zhurgenev Academy of Arts is located nearby. The abundance of flowerbeds, cafes and restaurants, benches, trees and fountains will allow you to enjoy a walk, visiting the Abay Opera and Ballet Theater, as well as Astana Square, better known as the Old Square.
- Green Market. The oldest bazaar in the city. You can buy everything - meat in assortment, fruits and berries, dried fruits and dairy products, Korean salads and various pickles. Hospitable sellers will let you try Kazakh national dishes, also you can buy souvenirs in national style and sweets of Rakhat factory.
The most, perhaps, bright sights of the city tour (city-tour) of Almaty can be called mountain objects:
- Medeu high-altitude skating rink. Medeu is located in the tract of the same name at a height of 1691 meters above sea level. It is an open skating rink, in winter time for skates, in summer - rollers. Just below the skating rink there is a ropeway to Chimbulak, you can both enjoy the views from the top and just walk in the tract by climbing the dam.
- Chimbulak is the most visited ski resort. It is characterized by several funiculars with an opportunity to climb to the highest point - 3200 m to the foot of Bogdanovich glacier.
- Big Almaty Lake - BAL - is a strategic object, which is located 20 km from the city in the Alma-Arasan Gorge. Azure water and mesmerizing nature will allow you to enjoy the views of the mountain lake closest to the city. Swimming and touching the water is strictly prohibited - the lake provides the city with drinking water. Excursion tour to the Big Almaty Lake usually includes a visit to a falconry show.
offers author's city sightseeing tours on comfortable Toyota Sequoia SUVs
. You can choose the language of the tour - our Almaty city guides speak both Russian and English. Prices for sightseeing city tours of Almaty by car may seem higher than bus tours, but it is important to take into account that you pay for the cabin, respectively, when divided by a person comes out a competitive price, while comfort - undoubtedly higher.
In addition to the above locations in the tour of Almaty by car can include: Kok-Tube hill with a cable car, visiting ethnic restaurants, Park of Culture and Recreation, zoo, see the buildings of the circus and the Palace of Marriage, Botanical Garden, various shopping centers, visiting the largest market - flea market.